The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the below positions:
Technical Assistant – High Frequency Reporting, Analytics, Visualization and Learning (HIFRAVL)
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Required
This position reports to the Senior Technical Officer QA/QI
- The TA – HIFRAVL will provide high frequency reporting, analytics and data visualization technical assistance and support to the ACE project in Cross River for routine and survey data. This involves: providing and coordinating technical assistance and capacity building in data analysis and data visualization; supporting the analysis of large datasets; assisting with programming charts and other data display / visualization products, and promoting easy access to these products, and enhancing the capacity to perform custom analyses within program teams.
- Communicating with supporting and guiding ACE Project M&E staff and other implementing regarding their health database development, data visualization, and improvement needs. Adapts existing health informatics tools and data capture systems to project-specific data collection and data dissemination needs and to ensure accessibility and usability of systems for ACE and implementing partner teams.
- Provides support and leadership for Cross River Office team to design and develop health informatics tools in response to ACE Project information needs. Helps with programming data visualization products, including producing regular high-quality analysis products at global and country program level. Leads and motivates teams to produce timely and high-quality results from LAMIS, DHIS, and NDR databases
- Analysis of large datasets, provides support and leadership for central programs and State office to run an analysis of large program and survey datasets
- Trains and supervises others in specific data capture, processing, visualization, and design tasks.
- Reviews output and outcome indicator calculations in databases, drilling down of analysis to the site level, and export/import of data and information products between different software applications, while maintaining data integrity.
- Support the development and implementation of data quality control measures that will monitor accurate and complete capture of health program data.
- Develops and ensures adherence to policies that ensure the security and confidentiality of ACE identifiable health data, including adherence to relevant national and international standards and Open Data guidance.
- Contribute to the development of concept notes, data reporting templates and tables, job aids, user guides, and standard operating procedures, make presentations at meetings related to health data analytics and visualization issues and document best practices in data analytics and visualization and disseminates appropriately.
- Remains informed of current issues regarding data analytics and visualization applications and trends in the field by review of current literature and involvement in professional networks
- Support ACE operational research activities
- Performs any other related duties assigned
- Bachelor and / or Master’s degree in Public Health, International Development, Information Design, Communications, Statistics, or related with a concentration in data visualization, monitoring & evaluation, or a related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant high frequency reporting, data visualization, monitoring & evaluation programming and analytic experience;
- Strong design eye and demonstrated experience in understanding and interpreting complex ideas and / or data into visual information.
- A strong design portfolio with samples of information design work, highlighting strengths as a visual communicator.
- Experience using Tableau. Experience using Power BI a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel. Experience creating dashboards using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work independently and manage a wide range of activities on a daily basis with limited supervision.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and work under tight deadlines
- A sound understanding of HIV/AIDS, TB and TB/HIV technical areas.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), database (DHIS, LAMIS, NDR), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE
POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.