The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the below positions:
Senior Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Required
- This position reports to the Associate Director, Strategic Information
- The Senior Technical Officer (M&E) will be responsible for overall technical and strategic information leadership, collating data from the facility and working with others in the unit to ensure that the monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Will ensure that all indicators are reported and tracked as needed.
- Will provide program support design of technical and data management to the ECEWS data management software for subsequent analysis; identify and follow up on missing data; undertake basic validation checks, and store and disseminate data and hardcopy files as appropriate.
- Support USAID SI requirements, adherence to SI SOPs, and other capacity development needs identified in assessments and will be responsible for capacity building of supported facility technical and SI staff.
Task & Responsibility
- S/He will provide technical oversight for designing, development, planning, implementation; and capacity-building of monitoring and evaluation of assigned unit level programs and develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of surveillance, monitoring and evaluation components.
- Provide day to day technical and programmatic support to ensure work plan deliverables are met and targets are achieved.
- Work with other programs and stakeholders, and other partners to harmonize capacity development plans, ensure technical assistance delivery is aligned with priorities, and is non-duplicative.
- Keep track of received data and USAID deliverables, including participation in stakeholder meetings
- Prepare and sort source documents and identify and interpret data to be entered while bringing to the knowledge and questions that need to be solved such as inconsistencies or missing data by the originators of the source data and mentor staff
- Assist in conducting routine reviews and checks of all data captured, conduct data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Work with ACE M&E staff to ensure that the quality of program/project activities adhere to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Work and report to the Associate Director to document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to ECEWS and USAID guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Masters in relevant areas with BS/BA in MBBS, public health, statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree
- 5- 10 years relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Good knowledge and understanding of PEPFAR/USG implementation rules will be an advantage
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to work remotely, manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), SPSS, Epi Info, STATA, LAMIS, NOMIS, DHIS, NHMIS, office telephone, calculator, cell phone and printer/copier.
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE
POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.