The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the below positions:
Senior Technical Officer MERL/Technical Cluster Lead
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Required
- This position reports to the Associate Director, Cluster Operations
- Will drive project implementation of prevention, care and treatment activities within the confines of Enhanced Site Management across supported facility and community settings in the Clusters;
- Provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality comprehensive HIV/AIDS programs (ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, RH/HIV, and HTS) and other services including direct service provision support at facility level based on the ongoing HIV and TB surge in the State.
- Support strengthening mechanism for routine tracking and assessment of project outcomes at all supported Sites, coordinate and facilitate rapid scale-up of PMTCT and HIV Comprehensive Services to facilities across Cross River State, coordinate the implementation of components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT), RH/FP, TB and integrated medical services at the facility level, coordinate harmonized weekly/monthly working itinerary for the entire ECEWS Cross River PCT team, coordinate, harmonize and share weekly/monthly/quarterly Reports of activities carried out by the ECEWS Cross River PCT team.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management capacity building, PMTCT, RH/FP, TB and integrated medical services at the facility level and contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP, TB and integrated medical services and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies for the state office.
- Work with others in the state office and local implementing partners to ensure that state monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Manage the state office’s reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete datasets are sent to the country office on a periodic basis, or when required, work with local partners to develop their project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Support the correct implementation and use of routine data collection tools, conduct monthly routine monitoring visits to project sites and provide supportive supervision.
- Provide leadership to the state office and field level M&E program, provide overall guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements, provide support to sites in the state, including interacting with site Program Managers, Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensure that locally employed monitoring and evaluation staff, consultants and ECEWS partners understand and can support these requirements.
- BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 5 to 6 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria
- BS / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state / national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
- MPH or post graduate degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), SPSS, Epi Info, STATA, LAMIS, NOMIS, DHIS, NHMIS, office telephone, calculator, cell phone and printer/copier.
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE
POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.