The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position under the Global Fund National Alignment for HIV Impact;
Position: Senior Program Officer (Key Population Programming)
Number of Persons: 1
Position Location: Ebonyi State
Overall Job Function:
The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the design, coordination, and support for implementation of community-based HIV service delivery and the supportive supervision of the OSS for KPs (FSW, MSM, TWG, PWIDs) in line with Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Model.
- S/he will work as a member of the advisory team working with other staff members, Ministries of Health, and other key stakeholders on developing/updating guidelines and protocols for inclusion of community participation. This effort includes overseeing activities in the OSS, supporting the implementation of referral pathways and bi-directional referral systems between the national program and the KP led community-based initiatives.
- S/he will work in close collaboration with supported facilities to make sure animators (peer to peer outreach workers) supported by ECEWS are trained and have the requisite technical support to provide basic, but quality HIV care and treatment services to their clients.
- S/he will maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with key partners and stakeholders to strengthen community-based HIV counseling and testing services and referrals for care, treatment, and support services at the community and health facility levels.
- S/he will provide leadership to community-based organizations to implement an evidence- based prevention intervention in line with the national guidelines.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisors
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Deputy Project Director/ Technical Lead. The position regularly interacts with the zonal program implementation team as well as key state stakeholders and facility teams including the OSSs
- Bachelor degree in science, social science, Arts or humanities
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 4 years of which must be within an international NGO or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working on international health issues including HIV, with at least two years working on HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment programs in resource poor settings.
Desired Core Competencies:
- Fluency in English; excellent communication skills required
- Extensive experience working with KPs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of public health information, education, and communications methodology in an African development context.
- Experience supervising and/or training others preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining close counterpart relationships, both governmental and in partner sites and communities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-culturally with diverse teams
- High degree of judgment, maturity, ingenuity and originality to interpret strategy, to analyze, develop and present work and to monitor and evaluate implementation of programs.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Proficiency with other local languages (Ibo, efik and/ or other South –South dialects).
This vacancy will close on the 3rd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: email@example.com
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF
INTEREST WITH PREFERRED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.