The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position under the Global Fund National Alignment for HIV Impact;
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Number of Persons: 1
Position Location: Ebonyi State
Overall Job Function:
The incumbent will assist in the design, implementation and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities at the field offices under the Global Fund (GF) NAHI Grant. The incumbent will ensure that the quality of program/project monitoring and evaluation in the sites by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms and tools to ensure quality. The incumbent will produce monthly, quarterly, semester and annual monitoring and evaluation reports based on agreed indicators that will guide decision making and program implementation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with local implementing partners and state program staff to ensure that program monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- Work with the state-level M&E staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on GF NAHI Project and Government of Nigeria reporting
- Provide support to the sites in the focal states (Ebonyi, Edo, Imo and Enugu), including interacting with site program managers, M&E focal persons, M&E officers of SACA/SAPC, other implementing agencies and local research groups on needs and ensure that these parties understand and can support these
- Work with local partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments using official tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of the program and provide technical assistance and training to the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
- Provide technical assistance to M&E officers of SACA/SAPC in integrating ECEWS GF NAHI project data into the national
- Share program data with relevant thematic Officers and zonal team lead and other relevant stakeholders and provide feedback for program
- Document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to donor
- Represent the organization and make presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and
- Remain informed of current issues regarding Monitoring and Evaluation of programs in the HIV/AIDS/STI and other emerging public health concerns by review of current literature; be alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor or his/her designate
Reporting & Supervision:
The position reports to the State Team Lead and has a dotted reporting line to the Deputy Project Director.
- A first degree in a relevant field (statistics, public health, epidemiology, anthropology, development studies, demography, biological and social Science etc)
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the field of M&E and/or at least 2 years supporting research or M&E activities
- Have an understanding of medical ethics principles
- Passionate about working on international health and development, with a focus on all reproductive health issues and/or non-communicable
- Proven ability to work with people across diverse
- Ability to juggle multiple competing deadlines while staying organized and paying attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite, STATA and SPSS
- Language skills: Fluent English is
- Ability to travel locally up to 40%.
This vacancy will close on the 3rd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: email@example.com
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF
INTEREST WITH PREFERRED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.