The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the below positions:
Contracts & Grants Officer
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Required
This position reports to the Grants Manager.
· Will work with the Grant Manager, Director of Finance & Operation , Procurement, Contracts and Grants to provide support to the administration for the management of awards and sub-awards to include contracts, grants and cooperative agreements, monitor workflows and help develop and implement systems to provide sound management control over ECEWS compliance with award terms and conditions and ECEWS policies.
· Responsible for the review of sub-agreement and subcontracting implementation activities and contractual arrangements to ensure they meet with donor and organizational regulations, review monthly Sub-Recipients Financial Reports and Advance Request of Implementing Agents.
Task / Responsibility
· B.Sc. / B.A Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
· Master’s Degree in Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
· 3 – 7 years relevant experience with donor contract, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations
· Demonstrate experience and familiarity with grant-making mechanisms and grantee management; experience administering FOGs is highly preferred.
· Knowledge of and prior experience with US Government rules, requirements, and regulations (such as familiarity with ADS 303) on solicitations and second-tier funding by prime recipients.
· Ability to effectively work independently and under a guidance of a supervisor.
· High-level organization and documentation skills, including the ability to track and manage the activities of others (grantees).
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
· Excellent diplomatic and communication skills, including strong written and oral abilities in English
Typical Physical Demands:
· Typical office environment
Technology to be used:
· Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
· 70% – 80%
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE
POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.