The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the below positions:
Associate Director – Strategic Information
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Required
- This position reports to the State Director.
- Associate Director-Strategic Information provides leadership support to the State Director in all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for ECEWS in Cross River state.
- S/he supports the state Director in overall management and provision of technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance in M&E, including to the State Government (GON) upon request.
- S/he collaborates closely with other major stakeholders in the implementation and improvement of the national M&E effort in Cross River state.
- BS / MD / PHD or similar degree
- MS/MA in Demography, Economics and an MPH or similar degree
- 8 – 11 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in Monitoring and Evaluation in large HIV/AIDS programs at national or international level.
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR-supported programs, including familiarity with USAID M&E reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, SPSS, Epi Info and/or other analytic software and to provide evidence-based recommendations accordingly.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and other tools to support geo-spatial display of data to target program interventions and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data.
- Previous experience in building capacity for generation and use of SI in CBOs.
- General understanding of the external environment and how it affects the industry in general and ECEWS in particular, including political, legal, environmental, financial and social influences.
- General understanding of organization’s structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to exchange information, present recommendations and collaborate with colleagues and peers within the organization and possibly externally.
- Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues.
- Sound practical knowledge of statistics and the use of statistical software.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is required. Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR programs is required.
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to extend working hours to meet deadlines and at short notice
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams to produce excellent results under pressure
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), SPSS, Epi Info, STATA, LAMIS, NOMIS, DHIS, NHMIS, office telephone, calculator, cell phone and printer/copier.
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: email@example.com
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE
POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.