The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the below positions:
Associate Director – Cluster Operations
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Required
- This position reports to the State Director.
- Will participate in development and monitoring of work plans and budgets, ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinate partner efforts in program implementation, ensure appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to the State Office.
- Responsible for the overall management and coordination of ECEWS activities at the Cluster office.
- Serve as the point of contact of ECEWS with government officials and coordinate and collaborate with all public sector and NGO partners at the state level and ensure that all ECEWS assets and other resources are effectively managed.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership in the provision of quality HIV prevention (including PrEP), treatment, care and reproductive/family planning services in different clusters.
- Take the lead in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on HIV prevention activities and establish linkages between communities and health services.
- Train and mentor project staff, health care providers and consortium partners to provide high quality HIV, RH/FP services including screening and referral of identified clients with cancer of cervix.
- BS / MD / PHD or similar degree
- MPH or post graduate clinical or public health degree is required
- 7 to 9 years’ experience working in health or development field in Nigeria with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the PEPFAR HIV response
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training; with extensive knowledge and skills for application of Differentiated Models of Care appropriate for situations and the ability to constitute and deploy competent surge teams to implement catchups.
- Ability to analyze and use site level granular data to identify gaps, develop and deploy remedial actions plans to improve services delivery
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to extend working hours to meet deadlines and at short notice
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams to produce excellent results under pressure
- Ability to use key computing applications e g MS Office Suite etc and knowledge of different database (DHIS or LAMIS) is a plus.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), database (DHIS, LAMIS), office telephone, calculator, cell phone and printer/copier.
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: email@example.com
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE
POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.