The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position under the Global Fund National Alignment for HIV Impact;
POSITION DESCRIPTION – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT.
Project Title: ECEWS – GF/NATIONAL ALIGNMENT FOR HIV IMPACT (NAHI)
The position reports to the Senior Technical Officer 1/Zonal Team Lead. The position has a dotted line reporting to the ADMINISTRATIVE & MAINTANEANCE OFFICER. The position regularly interacts with the Administrative Manager and other Program implementation team.
JOB LOCATION/ ZONE: Ebonyi State
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION
The Admin Assistant shall support all administrative, human resources, procurement activities, his/her support will include but not limited to the provision of all administrative support required for the project, ensuring that appropriate control reporting structures are maintained in accordance with ECEWS and donor rules and regulations at the field office. H/she will coordinate and act as focal point for issues relating to Administrative matters and Human Resource matters (Collating Ad-hoc staff timesheets, facilitating payment of Facilities Operational Costs) at the State office, One Stop Shops and any other duties assigned.
- Will support the Admin Manger and departmental staff in the provision of administrative and logistical services.
- S/He will assist in arranging travel logistics for staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Handle all photocopying assignments, development and printing of documents and photographs including reproduction of recorded videotapes for the office.
- Assist in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings, maintenance of an efficient records/storage of all office supplies and coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the CO (as relevant and serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs of the location.
- S/He will also be responsible for ensuring all payment vouchers are stamped and signed, ensuring that correspondence, memos, and reports are properly filed, send out meeting invites for approved meetings, take minutes of meetings and circulate to meeting participants.
- Tracking and reporting monthly/ weekly activity updates, following up with hotels for meeting venues and other activities, logistics for trainings and comfort of participants.
- S/He will assist the admin officer with checking and reviewing generator logbooks filled by the security personnel, following up with Generator vendor for generator maintenance and diesel payment, supervise drivers and vehicle movements, review and sign project vehicle log, monitor and track vehicle fuel consumption and request for refill/payment when required with updated fuel consumption tracker.
- Update asset records/inventory and monitor movement of office assets.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- University Degree in any field. (BSc. BA. HND or its equivalent)
- 2 – 3 years’ relevant Experience with administrative and secretarial tasks
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred.
- Proven experience in transferring knowledge into operational plan with clients collaboration and sustainable buy- in.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems – Ms Office packages, etc.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Familiarity with Donor-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com and Also Click this link and fill accordingly. https://forms.gle/NtpW7nDMBo5CzY4JA
Make sure to Upload your detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document.
Note: This vacancy will close on the 25th January, 2023
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with their email addresses and phone numbers in the CV Uploaded.
Eligible female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.