Date of Posting: Tuesday November 16th 2021
Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects and the World Bank. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following position under PEPFAR CDC Global Action towards Epidemic Control in Sub-nationals units in Nigeria (4GATES) HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment Project in Delta State and qualified human capacities under its Global Fund (GF) Alignment HIV Grant in her One Stop Shops (OSS):
Number of Persons: 2
Position Location: Imo & Edo States
The OSS Doctor will provide general care to the KP clients. The key roles of the Doctor include:
- Working with program team to develop and/or review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the provision of ART services to Key Populations
- Provide ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the OSS and through mobile ART
- Oversee clinical HIV treatment protocols in each clinical department to reflect the needs of the target population and ensure consistency of treatment services throughout the OSS
- Ensure a seamless delivery of service for clients from intake through discharge at the OSS, Review and assess client treatment protocols and plans, including short- and long-term goals, Review clinical records to evaluate the necessary level of client care
- Effectively manage and supervise other clinicians, health service providers, volunteers and case managers at the OSS as well as mobile ART teams
- Advise project team on national and state policies, procedures and licensing requirements and ensure compliance with all requirements and/or mandatory inspections
- Supervise weekly/monthly clinical staff meetings, Integrate OSS and mobile ART services with other project activities to enhance the achievement of project outcomes
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to manage data collection for service delivery to Key Populations in project communities using nationally approved tools
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports on monthly and quarterly basis or as required
- Support data analysis, interpretation and use at the OSS. Use of data at facility level for decision making towards improve service delivery at the OSS
- Liaise with ECEWS to use data for decision making on how to best tailor services according to the needs of the KPs
- Support the development of budgets and work plans for clinical services in the OSS, Provide support for prompt retirement of cash expenditure and advances
- Preparation of program reports
- Proactively seek out and report relevant opportunities, success stories, linkages or challenges that may promote clinical services for the project, and Carry out any assignment as assigned.
Reporting & Supervision:
The position reports to the Senior Program Officer and regularly interacts with the program implementation team
- Advanced Medical Degree (MD preferred)
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment (3years + preferable)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications and other software
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS treatment
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience in management of infectious disease, and of management of clinical services;
- Experience working with the Key Populations
- Experience in developing country health care programs
- Experience in training
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Note: The advertised position is full time. This vacancy will close on the 24th of November, 2021.
Interested candidates may submit a one-page capability statement and an updated resume as a single MS word document with full names as tittle of the document to firstname.lastname@example.org with position & State of preference clearly stated as subject of the email.
ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advise female qualified applicant to apply for any of the positions listed above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All interviews will be carried out via the Zoom platform. All applicants are encouraged to download the App in preparedness for the interview